Saturday, January 14, 2017

Plythal : Lethal Layering System


 Plythal
Lethal Layering System













   

  I purchased my Plythal Layering System in September, just in time for opening day of bow season in Ohio. I was hesitant at first, they did not provide a women's line. The women's line I was using at that time was okay enough to get me by, but I was looking for something more. I needed flexibility, athletic fit, silence, versatility, concealment, and water resistance. There isn't much that will keep me out of the woods and Plythal helped make my successful season possible. I have been hunting for 22 years, and my Plythal gear has topped any other system I have worn.

 Beanie 3.0, Pre-Rut 2.0 Jacket and Pant
Women's fit : I am 5'4 and 128 lbs wearing a size Small in the Pre-Rut 2.0 Jacket and Pant. As an experienced hunter, I like for my gear to be more fitted rather than bulky. This system surpassed my expectations of keeping me moving and not weighing me down. As a woman hunter, this does not change anything. Do not steer away from Plythal just because they currently do not have a women's line.

Digital Forest
Concealment : Digital patterns are beginning to take over the hunting industry, and for good reason. I was one that said I would never switch to digital, that it couldn't make that big of a difference. I was wrong. I noticed a difference this season with the digital forest pattern, as I set my stands only 18-20 feet up in the tree. Plus hunting on the ground during gun/muzzleloader season, I need the ultimate breakup pattern. The digital forest utilizes natural based colors, with a tough of light, to break up the human outline whether on the ground, or in a tree. For hunting the lucid whitetail, or in the high desert country chasing elk.
Beanie 2.0 in Digital Forest

Flexibility : Plythal makes you light, mobile, and functional. I am active as a whitetail hunter, it's not always a short walk to the stand and straight up a tree to sit. I rarely use an ATV or take the short cut to where I will be hunting. My plythal gear moves with my body and gives me that advantage to go the extra mile while hunting mature whitetails. Sometimes we are caught in less than desirable positions on our way to the stand, in which we have to remain frozen for an extended period of time as to not spook that observant doe. Other times we are eating lunch in a tree waiting for that perfect opportunity at a mature buck during rut. No matter the circumstance, Plythal provided me the comfort and flexibility I needed to make the best of my season.


Silence : Simply stealthy! I grew up hunting with my dad, this man is a ghost in the wind. I remember getting "the look" when I was too noisy walking to our designated hunting spot. This season before my dad and I separated to go to our stands he turned and complimented how quiet my new gear was. He was impressed and so was I. This is especially key when climbing in and out of the stand and when preparing to shoot your intended game of choice.

Water Resistance : If you are like me, I could be in the woods morning, noon, and evening. Especially during the rut! Sometimes the weather doesn't cooperate, especially in Ohio. A few times this season I ran into some moderate rain and snow. I sat there as I watched the water literally hit my gear, stay in droplets, and roll off. Keeping me warm, dry, and ready to hunt.
PhotoflaugeⓇ is the creator of the first of its kind digital camouflage patterns utilizing both micro and macro patterns and High Definition photography based natural elements  
Under the arm zippers on the Pre-Rut 2.0 jacket
Versatility : One day it could be 60 degrees out, the next day 20 degrees out. One day I may have a short walk to my stand, another day a lengthy walk. One day I may have a short sit, the next may be an extended sit. You cannot predict your hunt, as the elements are always changing. This whitetail season I hunted in the range of Mid 30s to Low 70s. In the warmer temperatures, the fabric was excellent at keeping me dry as it wicks away moisture. This also aids in scent control with its antimicrobial technology, neutralizing odors to help keep me undetected by my prey. One of my favorite components of the Pre-Rut jacket are the zippers under the arms. On a cool morning when I am walking a long distance to my stand, I tend to get a little warm. I can layer my Jacket with the 1.0 Lightweight Series to wick away moisture, then unzip the underarms for extra breathability, movement, and temperature control. As it warms up I can take off my jacket and still be covered.
Pre-Rut 2.0 outer layer, Black Out 2.0 Base Layer
     During the cooler temperatures I was able to layer my Pre-Rut 2.0 gear with the Black Out 2.0 top and bottom. With the moisture wicking technology and waffle-weave construction of this series, I was able to stay warm and dry, giving me the ability to put 100% into my hunt. For temperatures in the 30s and lower I would recommend the Full-Rut Extreme jacket and pant.
    The jacket provides 2 chest and 2 hand zipped pockets. The chest zip pockets, I have found extremely useful when carrying my grunt tube around my neck. I can place it in the chest pocket  slightly zipped for easy access when I need it, while keeping it secure and out of my way when not in use. I also find these pockets handy for extra body warmers on colder days. The pants are equipped with cargo pockets, zipped hand pockets, and zipped thigh pockets. For a women this is a big deal because I have found that many of the women's hunting pants do not have cargo pockets. As an avid outdoorsmen cargo pockets are a must!
My son getting in on the Plythal photo action, he cannot wait to start hunting
Overall : I couldn't be more happy with this product. I have given my honest opinion, in the field examples, and in depth details. I look forward to the women's line in the future, and for now I am extremely satisfied with my Plythal gear. Plythal layering system has utilized a diversity of seasons and variety of terrain into their patterns. They have provided hunters with an all-season layering system, at a non-outrageous price, and I couldn't be more thankful as a hunter. From Stitch to Stand.

2016 Whitetail buck taken during Ohio gun season
6 weeks of hard hunting and preparation paid off
More Information : Please visit www.plythal.com or Plythal Technical Gear www.facebook.com/plythal on Facebook. Questions for myself about in the field use feel free to contact me on Facebook at Britni A Dunham - Ohio at www.facebook.com/badunham14 . Follow our team Lethal Mission www.facebook.com/lethalmission as all of us utilize Plythal in different states and seasons. Duck hunter? Be sure to check out the most innovative pattern yet! Digital Marsh.

No comments:

Post a Comment